By Ryan @ Fitness Goals
Both men and women need to do glute exercises.
Unlike a popular misconception, men need to work their backside as well. Whether you are a woman or a man, glute training will help you reshape your butt as well as give you stamina for other physical activity. Here are the top five glutes exercises for both men and women.
Goblet Reverse Lunge:
This type of exercise targets your gluteus maximus. This is a glutes exercise that gives your rear end its shape. This is how it works.
- Take a dumbbell in your hands and hold it with both your hands in front of your chest in a vertical position. This will thrust your elbows to point in a downward direction.
- Take a backward step with your right leg and lower your body. Keep lowering your body steadily until your front knee obtains 90 degrees, position.
- Take a pause and push your body up steadily before switching legs. Repeat the process 10 to 12 times on each leg.
This is one of the easiest glute exercises and works best for women.
- You can start by getting on both your knees and bringing your body down such that your butt rests on your legs.
- Perform a hip drive, then bring one of your feet forward so that you are kneeling on one knee.
- Push your forward heel so that you get to engage your glutes to stand up.
- Bring the remaining knee up as you stand but try not to thrust off the ground.
- Feel your glutes and engage them to lift.
This is simply a step forward on an elevated position. You can stand in front of a chair, bench, step or any other elevated position.
- Place your right foot on the chair or bench and step up.
- You should engage your right glute to lift during this process. Make sure, you do not push your left foot off .
- Straighten your right leg such that it stands tall then slowly lower your body sending your hips back.
- Repeat with the other leg for about 10 times.
You can make the exercise more intense by increasing the hight of your elevation. The more intense you work out the closer you draw to your fitness goals.
- Grab a barbell with both your hands and hold it firmly in front of your thighs with your arms extended fully.
- Align your hips one-foot width apart and ensure that your working leg is straight.
- Raise one of your feet slightly off the floor and hold it behind you.
- Keep your supporting leg extended and bend at your hips while lowering your torso and the barbell downwards. Keep your arms hanging in front of your body.
- Take a small pause then rise steadily till your working leg gets to your starting position.
Cable Standing Hip Abduction:
This targets the gluteus medius and minus. To do this, you will need a cable machine.
- Start by lowering the arm of the cable machine such that it is at level with your ankle.
- Stand with your right side closest to the machine and your right foot behind the cable.
- Loop your left foot through the machine handle and use your glutes to pull your leg from the left side. Take a moment of pause and repeat the movement from the starting position.
- Perform three sets of about ten reps with your left side as well as the right side.
The same exercise could also be achieved by the use of a continuous loop band wrapped around a vertical pole for those who do not have access to a cable machine.
To get your butt and thighs in shape, you will need to engage your glutes in regular exercises. Some of these exercises are pretty simple while others are a bit complicated. Either way, what matters in your exercise routine is consistency. Make sure you keep a regular workout schedule to achieve visible results.
More From Fitstep.com
|How Do I Build a Bigger Butt?|
|How to Spot Reduce Stomach Fat|
|How I Got My Butt Kicked By a 68 Year-Old Woman|
|Get a Ripped Six-Pack With Abdominal Sit-Ups|