By Shaun Hadsall
CPT and Creator of 4 Cycle Fat-Loss
Over the years I've been fortunate enough to spend quality time around a lot of people that have competed in fitness modeling or bodybuilding competitions.
These folks get paid to stay at single-digit bodyfat levels, so it’s literally their job.
I've noticed one thing in particular that everyone of these physique competitors have in common...
They all use carbohydrate "manipulation" to get and STAY seriously lean. Carb manipulation simply means cycling carbs strategically on a daily or weekly basis. And there’s absolutely no reason you can’t do the same exact thing too.
But first, you need to realize that carbs are not necessarily the enemy all the time. In fact, they can actually be your best fat burning friends – IF you use them strategically.
So if you really want to control fat loss once and for all and learn how it’s possible for you to “mimic” the fitness pros who sport a six pack abs and super models who keep their tummies flat...
It’s crucial for you to understand the pros and cons of carb intake. Trust me, it can be a love-hate relationship.
The Pros of Carbs for Fat Loss
1. Carbs are muscle sparing. In other words, they preserve and prevent the breakdown of lean calorie burning muscle tissue.
2. They provide energy to the brain and the body.
3. They help spark our metabolism and keep it elevated to prevent metabolic slowdown and keep fat-burning hormones at optimal levels.
4. They fuel vitally important metabolic processes in the body that can help us exercise harder and recover faster.
5. They stimulate insulin, which leads to a very anabolic/muscle building environment (this is kind of a catch 22 as you’ll read in a second).
The Cons of Carbs for Fat Loss
1. Carbs spike insulin levels and elevate blood sugar. It’s almost impossible to burn body fat in the presence of high insulin levels. (hence – the catch 22 above)
2. Consuming too many carbs over lengthy periods of time can lead to a lot of fat spillover (see chart below), which leads to excess fat storage. Think obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
3. Carbs (especially processed carbs) are the most abused nutrient from both a health and fat loss perspective.
4. Excess carb intake creates a lot of water retention, which leads to a soft look so it makes you look and feel bloated.
5. Processed carbs hide nasty fillers and chemicals that can potentially lead to severe health challenges. We call these obesity additives.
Additionally, grain-based processed carbs such as cereals, breads, and most pastas contain “anti-nutrients” and gluten that can block fat-loss and potentially lead to various types of autoimmune diseases and internal inflammation.
Now you can see why people think you can just cut out carbs to lose weight.
Obviously there’s a lot more to it because we need carbs to stay healthy and keep our metabolism happy and burning fat.
Additionally, low carb diets really only work for 5 to 7 days at a time before your thyroid and leptin levels react negatively to slow metabolic rate and suppress fat burning hormones.
Now you can see the crux of carb intake. It can be a double-edged sword.
That’s why you gotta get “sneaky” and cycle your carb intake to maximize both your health and long term fat-loss. And that exactly what I show you how to do in my 4 Cycle Fat-Loss Carb Cycling System.
You’ll discover exactly how to eat LOTS of carbs and NEVER store them as fat with a brand new technique called Macro-Patterning™.
In fact, it’s mandatory that you use high carb days and even your favorite cheat foods when using my new system.
You’ll use your FAVORITE carbs to:
1. Stimulate the hormones that control your body’s ability to burn off stubborn
2. PREVENT the metabolic slowdown that causes plateaus when trying to lose
weight with a traditional “diet”…
3. Double the fat-burning effect EVERY time you exercise by making your exercise and
nutrition work together synergistically…
That’s what makes my 4 Cycles of Fat Loss unlike any other nutrition plan in existence.
And it gets even better because when you understand how to time your nutrients precisely you’ll discover how you can use food to master your hormones, control your metabolism, and NEVER store carbs as fat on the body.
More From Fitstep.com
|Triple Add Sets to Work ALL Your Muscle Fibers in One Set|
|Unleash Your Metabolism With Fat-Loss Circuit Training|
|Exercise At Home With Improvised Equipment|
|Breathe Backwards For More Effective Pulldowns|